24 December 2017; Vacation planning

Started by KathyB, Dec 24, 2017, 11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

I'm planning a trip to Mazatlan that I'm both more excited and more nervous about the closer I get to actually booking a ticket. I found what I think is a good price, even counting the carry-on or checked baggage fees (It's only $5 more to check a bag than it is to bring a carry-on). It's on an airline that I have barely heard of, which worries me a little, but it's a direct flight, which no one else does any more. I'll probably book the ticket tomorrow or Tuesday. 

This edition of "Kathy's Exciting Life" brought to you by the letters Q and E, and by the number 12.

DiveMilw

That is exciting, Kathy!  What is the name of the airline?  I know Frontier used to go to Mazatlan at least seasonally but that was 10 years ago.  

Double check the weight allowed for your checked bag.  I know Spirit allows only 40 lbs (as compared to most airlines 50 lbs) unless you purchase an upgraded ticket.  
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

Quote from: DiveMilw on Dec 24, 2017, 03:40 PMThat is exciting, Kathy!  What is the name of the airline?  I know Frontier used to go to Mazatlan at least seasonally but that was 10 years ago.  
It's Sun Country Airlines. The reason I've heard about it was because at least 20 years ago, I had to pick up a friend at the airport, and she was taking Sun Country, and I had the hardest time figuring out where to go at the airport. I guess the good news is that the airline has survived this long, so they must be doing something right.