I won't need CDs where we're going ...

Started by Gordonb, Feb 10, 2018, 08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordonb

We are in the middle of a major life change; having bought our little house in Turkey we are now selling our house on London (and buying a small flat locally just in case) and we are hoping to be moving later on in the summer. It's a hugely positive thing that we are doing but one thing that is bothering me is my CD collection. I am taking only a select few with me, mostly my Sondheim and Barbara Cook stuff (all for sentimental reasons) so I therefore have to get rid of loads and loads of other music. I'm talking primarily musical theatre/female vocalists and I would love them to go to a good home. If any of you have any interest in taking some off my hands for your personal use or know of anyone (or anything) that might welcome them please let me know.  I'm not looking for cash, but I would like to think that someone other than the charity shop will benefit. I don't have a list of cds but there are lots of both popular Broadway, OB, London etc cast recordings from the last 25 years or so and quite a few more obscure cast recordings too. Plenty of female vocalists/cabaret singers./cross-overs and for some reason that I just do not remember an album by Coldplay! 

So if anyone is at all interested please let me know; thank you or "teşekkür ederim" as we will be saying soon.

DiveMilw

No more cute little garden where year after year we can watch what you plant and how well they do?   :'( :'( :'(  This is sad and exciting.  

Best of luck with the downsizing and the move!!
I no longer long for the old view!

Gordonb

Quote from: DiveMilw on Feb 11, 2018, 03:08 PMNo more cute little garden where year after year we can watch what you plant and how well they do?   :'( :'( :'(  This is sad and exciting.  

Best of luck with the downsizing and the move!!
Oh don't worry there will be lots of garden pics though of a different kind. This one we'll be pretty well building from scratch.

Leighton

Gordon, how very exciting your move sounds!  I was thoroughly in awe of your CD collection when I visited, and would be happy to take some off your hands!
Self indulgence is better than no indulgence!

Gordonb

Quote from: Leighton on Feb 12, 2018, 01:29 PMGordon, how very exciting your move sounds!  I was thoroughly in awe of your CD collection when I visited, and would be happy to take some off your hands!

If you can arrange a visit to collect you're welcome to take whatever you'd like; on a related note any interest in theatre programmes? either personally of for school? We are probably not going to be on the move until late May/early June so there is no immediate rush.

Leighton

Ooooh, yes to both!  I will figure a way of getting to you and back again some time soon!

Self indulgence is better than no indulgence!