03-MAR-18 All the Glory, None of the Pain

Started by DiveMilw, Mar 03, 2018, 02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

Today I told a co-worker I'd work a shift for her even though it meant I wouldn't get much sleep that night.  I am working until 8 pm the night before and her shift starts at 5 am the next day.  I logged into our scheduling system and couldn't find the shift she posted.  She then logged in to make sure she actually posted it and it turns out she did but someone else already had taken it.  So I look good for offering to take the shift but I don't have to give up my day off and lose sleep.  It's a win-win-win.   ;D

One of the men's Olympic hockey coaches flew out on us today.  He was wearing the parka they gave to the the team.  It is really cool. (or warm, since it has a heating element built into it).  It looks even better in person than it did on TV.  He said he got home from Seoul, emptied out his luggage, repacked and hopped on a plane the next morning to watch his son play hockey here in CT.  That is some Olympic level parenting and another win-win-win situation.  (and a much better example than mine)
I no longer long for the old view!