28 April 2018 Saturday

Started by KathyB, Apr 28, 2018, 03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday. I am procrastinating from doing work, although not really, as I need to hear from the client before proceeding, and they aren't going to be in until Monday. It just feels like procrastination. I could also be cleaning my house, but I truly am procrastinating from that.

DiveMilw

It was an overall good day.  Because of the bad weather in NYC (the visibility was very low) we had 2 diversions which originally came from San Francisco.  Last night we had 3 diversions destined for LGA (LaGuardia) and one had to cancel due to maintenance issues.  I'm glad I wasn't working last night.  Then I stayed an extra two hours to cover the evening supervisor who called out sick.  Fortunately the afternoon was not nearly as "adventurous" as this morning or yesterday afternoon. 

(We also thought we were getting an International diversion but it turned out that plane had the wrong radio frequency and it wasn't one of the airlines we take care of.  This could have been a HUGE deal with the customs issues, etc.  Not everyone can open the door to an international flight and I was one of the people we initially thought was going to have to head over to the international arrivals building. Thank goodness we didn't have that to contend with.  We needed all the manpower we had at our regular gates. There were a few other issues but we handled them really well since we had the staff to be able to handle it.)
I no longer long for the old view!