16 April 2024 Expensive week ahead

Started by KathyB, Apr 16, 2024, 09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

I took my car in for the snazzy new power steering pump, and it's going to cost $1700.  :o I'm hoping that by the time the credit card statement is due, I will have received one or both of my tax refunds. I also want to renew my theatre season tickets for next year, and I thought about doing it yesterday, but I then thought that it might be better to wait until after the car situation is over.

I have a loaner car that is much nicer that my current car (power seats, push-button ignition), but not as nice as the last loaner car I had. That one had a heads-up display at the bottom of the windshield. That one also had a radio I could figure out. With this current loaner car, I finally figured out how to get two radio stations, and I tuned to the more-appealing one (a public jazz station). I can't figure out how to tune to anything beyond those two stations. And I really miss my CD changer. I suppose I could hook up my phone to the Bluetooth, but I don't have much confidence that I'll figure that out.

As for the Denver Center theatre season next year, I'm not tremendously excited by it the way I was about this current season (which had ALNM and The Lehman Trilogy), but I still want to renew.