Other - Leave in Comments
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

DiveMilw

I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

I dislike both equally.

Chris L

Mayo was an acquired taste for me. When I was young, I thought it looked disgusting and slimy. But then I discovered that it tasted fantastic.

Miracle Whip I've never tried nor do I have plans to.
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

scenicdesign71

I've always found mayo a little gross, though it is admittedly yummy in certain contexts.  (Chicken or tuna salads pretty much require it, for instance; potato or egg salads, too, though I'm not a fan of either).  I leave it off almost all sandwiches, though I do like it on a turkey club; and if a restaurant forgets to "hold the mayo" on a burger (or if I forget to ask them to), I don't think I've ever actually scraped it off.

Ham (i.e., on a sandwich) with mayo -- ick, no thanks.  Honey mustard instead, please.  Ditto on a chicken sandwich.

When I was a kid, my mom used to make cold sandwiches from leftover meatloaf, spreading mayo on the bread, and I remember loving those -- but somewhere along the way I lost the taste for them.

I'm pretty sure I've tried Miracle Whip once or twice (though I can't remember in/on what, or when), and found the flavor -- I recall it as essentially sweetened mayo -- not-unpleasant and even kind of intriguing, again given the right context.  But with my picky tastes, I'm not sure exactly what the right context would be.