30 June - Manchester bound

Started by Vera Charles, Jun 30, 2017, 03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vera Charles

I'm on a train en route to Manchester to interview some students at the Royal Northern College of Music. Travelling through some beautiful country and today, for once, the right people are travelling and the wrong people have stayed at home.

Vera Charles

Quote from: Vera Charles on Jun 30, 2017, 03:38 AMTravelling through some beautiful country and today, for once, the right people are travelling and the wrong people have stayed at home.
Gah! I jinxed myself by writing that. A noisy Hen Party just got on at Wolverhampton - they are already several sheets to the wind and it's not quite midday! 🙄

Gsavage14

Quote from: Vera Charles on Jun 30, 2017, 03:52 AM
Quote from: Vera Charles on Jun 30, 2017, 03:38 AMTravelling through some beautiful country and today, for once, the right people are travelling and the wrong people have stayed at home.
Gah! I jinxed myself by writing that. A noisy Hen Party just got on at Wolverhampton - they are already several sheets to the wind and it's not quite midday! 🙄

"Here's to the ladies who lunch..." ;) or not so much??

I trade your noisy train for a very quiet and dull office right now...? Pretty certain that time has just given up and started going backwards this afternoon!

On the plus side, I think we have just located the final props for Phantom next weekend!! Yay!

Gordonb

Homeward bound myself, planning a nice roast squash, mozzarella di bufala, prosciutto and tomato and basil salad type of supper.

Off to Regent's Park Open-Air theatre tomorrow afternoon for "On The Town" ... fingers crossed for a dry day!

Leighton

Ooooh I was in Manchester from Thursday-today!  How do we keep ending up in the same cities without meeting/!
Self indulgence is better than no indulgence!

Vera Charles

Quote from: Leighton on Jul 02, 2017, 02:06 PMOoooh I was in Manchester from Thursday-today!  How do we keep ending up in the same cities without meeting/!
Really?!?! I even had an hour to kill before my train back to Bristol. 🙄 I stopped at Reading Services today on my way to Ashtead. Please (don't) tell me you were hanging out there, too.

Leighton

Really! IB teaching course. Not hanging out in the services, no - got back to Reading around 6.30
Self indulgence is better than no indulgence!