27 August 2018 Week Two begins

Started by KathyB, Aug 27, 2018, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

Week two of the latest PBS pledge drive. They usually last 16 days, like the Olympics. I have considered giving, but it won't make the pledge drive go away. (If the pledge drive could be magically over for everyone who gives, then donations would go up several thousand percent.)

I guess I'm just grumpy because it's Monday.

DiveMilw

Quote from: KathyB on Aug 27, 2018, 10:19 AM(If the pledge drive could be magically over for everyone who gives, then donations would go up several thousand percent.)
That. Is. Brilliant!!!

They need to find a way to make that happen.
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

I had a delicious sub sandwich for dinner, and then I left my house keys in the parking lot. My car key was separate, so I didn't notice until I got home. I used my spare key in my freezer to get in the house. I called Which Wich and they said some gentleman had found keys in the parking lot and was going around to every place in the strip mall to see if anyone had lost them.

They had one of those little tags on them that says "If these keys are lost, drop them in the mailbox" (this one was from AAA). I wonder if those things actually work. And if the gentleman would consider dropping them in the mailbox.

At least I have spare keys for my house and mailbox.

AmyG

Quote from: DiveMilw on Aug 27, 2018, 02:51 PM
Quote from: KathyB on Aug 27, 2018, 10:19 AM(If the pledge drive could be magically over for everyone who gives, then donations would go up several thousand percent.)
That. Is. Brilliant!!!

They need to find a way to make that happen.
Well, there is PBS Passport.  @Chris L and I are cord cutters so when we watch PBS, we usually watch on the Roku app. As a member of PBS Passport, I get extra content which seems to include most recent shows and a lot of past programming. I actually give them twice what they ask for because it's such a good deal. We watched the Ken Burns Vietnam War documentary on the app. There are sometimes sponsored ads up front but then the program is entirely uninterrupted.  I haven't seen a pledge drive in ages.

@DiveMilw, congratulations on becoming a God!

DiveMilw

Quote from: AmyG on Aug 28, 2018, 07:52 AM@DiveMilw, congratulations on becoming a God!
Oh my goodness!  When did that happen?  I was really enjoying being a Stellar Member but it is nice to be a God once again.   O:-)
I no longer long for the old view!