The First Five Words

Started by Chris L, Jun 20, 2017, 09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris L

"I Saw the Light" - Todd Rundgren

(I guess it's possible that there are other songs that begin with those words, but assuming Kathy doesn't stop me, I'm going to go ahead and post the next one.)
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

Chris L

There might have been things
But us, old friend,

Chris L

Slightly more of the first line:

There might have been things I missed
But us, old friend,

Bobster

Quote from: Chris L on Oct 23, 2017, 11:20 AM
Quote from: Leighton on Oct 23, 2017, 10:52 AMFor shame ;)

Great to see you, too!  I am still waiting to hear your thoughts on Follies!
I'm hesitant, because if I say the wrong thing @Bobster will drop his dishes -- or throw them at my head!  ;D

Oh mercy, you shouldn't hesitate at all on my part.  It would be about the production, not the show itself.

Chris L

More of the lyric:

But don't be unkind
But us, old friend,

Chris L

One more try, in case anybody's still looking at this game:

But don't be unkind
It don't mean I'm blind

Major prog rock group from the 70s. This was probably their biggest radio hit (though another song contained the memorable lines "Seven virgins and a mule/Keep it cool, keep it cool"). This one is very slow, very moody, until the synths kick in (where it's still pretty moody, actually).
But us, old friend,

KathyB

I'm still looking at this game. I'm also positive that I don't know this lyric.  ???

Chris L

Quote from: KathyB on Nov 19, 2017, 06:39 PMI'm still looking at this game. I'm also positive that I don't know this lyric.  ???
Amy couldn't get it either until I sang the first line, at which point she had it immediately. Which shows you how much attention people pay to rock lyrics. ;)

Would it help it I said the name of the group consisted of the last names of three musicians?
But us, old friend,

AmyG

I think you should sing the first line and upload it as an mp3  :D

Chris L

That could be a whole new game. "Name That Tune I'm Singing!"
But us, old friend,

KathyB

From the clue, I'm guessing it's Emerson, Lake and Palmer. The only one of their songs I know is "From the Beginning," and I don't know how that song starts off, so I'm guessing that as the answer.  :)

Chris L

Quote from: KathyB on Nov 27, 2017, 03:32 PMFrom the clue, I'm guessing it's Emerson, Lake and Palmer. The only one of their songs I know is "From the Beginning," and I don't know how that song starts off, so I'm guessing that as the answer.  :)

And we have a winner! (Thank God!)
But us, old friend,

KathyB

OK, I'm positive I wouldn't have gotten that one even with Chris singing it to me, if it weren't for the hints.

This came up on my iTunes yesterday:

I can't light no more

MartinG

Sounds like Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me?
Morals tomorrow

KathyB