The First Five Words

Started by Chris L, Jun 20, 2017, 09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

Quote from: MartinG on Feb 10, 2018, 12:43 AMSounds like Talking Heads' Psycho Killer.
You're right.

MartinG

Must have left my house
Morals tomorrow

AmyG

One of my favorite Abba songs. I'm listening to it now. I love how it sounds really bleak but it's really a happy song. 

"The Day Before You Came"

Chris L

Calling @MartinG: Tell Amy that she's right, so that she can post another. ;)
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

MartinG

Quote from: Chris L on Feb 12, 2018, 01:44 AMCalling @MartinG: Tell Amy that she's right, so that she can post another. ;)

Yep, my favourite too. Oddly disturbing and open to interpretation. Great song. 
Your turn @AmyG 
Morals tomorrow

AmyG

MartinG

Terribly kind of you but we're in the middle of a game. 😄

Because The Night 

Assuming that's right...

In a bar in Toledo
Morals tomorrow

KathyB

"You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille,
With four hungry children
And a crop in the field..."

KathyB

"Last night I waved goodbye"

KathyB

Hint: This is not rock 'n' roll. Far from it. If you're embarrassed to admit you know this, send me a private message.

MartinG

I have no qualms about owning up to the vast and eclectic volume of songs, great and terrible, which have stuck in my head over the years, but I just can't place this - apart from the vague feeling it's in 3/4 time....?  
  :-\
Morals tomorrow

Leighton

It's Madonna isn't it?  La Isla Bonita?
Self indulgence is better than no indulgence!

Leighton

Bugger, it is not.  

It was the 'last night' that got me (and Kathy's comment about it being embarrassing)!
Self indulgence is better than no indulgence!

KathyB

Quote from: MartinG on Mar 04, 2018, 07:19 AMI have no qualms about owning up to the vast and eclectic volume of songs, great and terrible, which have stuck in my head over the years, but I just can't place this - apart from the vague feeling it's in 3/4 time....?  
  :-\
Yes, it is in 3/4 time! 
In fact, it's prominently featured on a mixtape I made in college (inspired by A Little Night Music) entirely of songs in 3/4 time (as is "Lucille," which is what reminded me of it).

MartinG

Something swam into my head driving to work to the effect that it might be that Barry Manilow one that goes something like 

When will I kiss you?
When will dum de dum da? 
When will I hold you again?

Which I don't think is the title. There may be the name of a town involved. Otherwise struggling.   :)
Morals tomorrow