The First Five Words

Started by Chris L, Jun 20, 2017, 09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

Martin, you are correct in everything, including the artist, the time signature and the geographical reference (although it's to a region, not a town), so I'm going to give it to you.  It's Barry Manilow's "Weekend in New England," whose title is never really spelled out in the lyrics as such, though the words "New England" are in there.

Congratulations!

Chris L

Your turn, @MartinG!

I'm beginning to discover that I've completely forgotten more lyrics than I even realized I knew in the first place, because I would have been completely unembarrassed to identify a Barry Manilow song, one that I should have remembered, because God knows I heard it enough times back in the day.
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

MartinG

Thanks Kathy, much appreciated

When I had you to
Morals tomorrow

Chris L

Quote from: MartinG on Mar 06, 2018, 10:59 AMThanks Kathy, much appreciated

When I had you to
Sounds familiar, but maybe we need more, @MartinG.
But us, old friend,

MartinG

OK, it was released when I was 4 and has one of the best bass lines of all time.
Morals tomorrow

Chris L

@MartinG -- Looks like several of your lines have been sitting here for a while, so one more clue before you throw in the towel. If anybody's playing and doesn't know the lyric, could you post anyway so I'll know who's out there?
But us, old friend,

KathyB

The best bass lines of all time, in my opinion, are the Smithereens' "Blood and Roses" and Bela Fleck & the Flecktones' "The Sinister Minister." The second one definitely isn't the answer, as it's an instrumental.

MartinG

Though there is some debate, evidence seems to suggest the bassline was created and recorded by Wilton Felder, for this 1970 number one hit, sung by a future icon.
Morals tomorrow

Chris L

The Jackson Five -- I Want You Back? (Title from memory.)
But us, old friend,

MartinG

Morals tomorrow

Jenniferlillian

Chris, we need a new challenge:)

Chris L

Oh, right:

Well I've kicked around a lot

Technically, that's six words, but "a" doesn't count. ;)
But us, old friend,