3 July 2017 -- An empty office...

Started by iheartgranola, Jul 03, 2017, 07:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

iheartgranola

Good morning! Day before Independence Day, and of my team of 35 people only 4 of us are actually in the office or remotely logged on. I guess it means I get a chance to catch up on emails and things of that nature since every meeting has been cancelled, but I can't help but think that maybe I missed the boat by coming in today?

And then, here on the forum, it's nearly 11am EST and still no daily? Is everyone taking the day off from here too?

artscallion

I'm the absolute only one in the entire building.  I'm tempted to use the opportunity to jump on stage and hone my improv tap dancing skills.
Currently helping Dan search for his chocolate that I ate last night.

Vera Charles

Quote from: artscallion on Jul 03, 2017, 09:43 amI'm the absolute only one in the entire building.  I'm tempted to use the opportunity to jump on stage and hone my improv tap dancing skills.

Do it!

KathyB

Quote from: iheartgranola on Jul 03, 2017, 07:39 amGood morning! Day before Independence Day, and of my team of 35 people only 4 of us are actually in the office or remotely logged on. I guess it means I get a chance to catch up on emails and things of that nature since every meeting has been cancelled, but I can't help but think that maybe I missed the boat by coming in today?


Did you find the traffic extremely light? That was the one good thing about coming in this morning.
Oh, yes, and the cute dog is back.

iheartgranola

Quote from: KathyB on Jul 03, 2017, 11:18 am
Quote from: iheartgranola on Jul 03, 2017, 07:39 amGood morning! Day before Independence Day, and of my team of 35 people only 4 of us are actually in the office or remotely logged on. I guess it means I get a chance to catch up on emails and things of that nature since every meeting has been cancelled, but I can't help but think that maybe I missed the boat by coming in today?


Did you find the traffic extremely light? That was the one good thing about coming in this morning.
Oh, yes, and the cute dog is back.

Yes! I set my standard schedule to be 630 to 3 anyway so that I can avoid the bulk of traffic going into Cleveland [at 3 my commute home is about 35 minutes, but if I leave at 4 it can take up to an hour and a half!]. Today instead of light traffic it was me on an empty freeway!

At any rate, the 3 of us in the office decided to take advantage of not being hourly and left around 130. I think the team member who was logged in remotely stayed on till 3. All in all, not a bad day!

AmyG

Traffic was light but I was by no means on an empty freeway even leaving at 1:30 -- that's the 405 for you. And I didn't have a cute dog at work. But I do have a cute cat (or two) now that I'm home.

Vera Charles

What I would give for an empty office. Indeed, I was supposed to be off today because I'd worked all weekend, but had to go in because my boss decided to call a last minute meeting.
Final run through tonight of The Pirates of Penzance that I'm directing before band call tomorrow and Dress on Wednesday. It's only a small village production, but they take their Am Dram very seriously here in Somerset, so the stakes are high.
This is VERY well deserved this evening:

DiveMilw

Traffic was fairly light on my way into work, but not as light as you'd might think it should be at 3:30 A.M. on a holiday "weekend".  It was a breeze at work today.  We continue to have a reduced schedule with THREE of our normal "right starts" not operating today.  And the other flights were only booked in the 80% range.  Tomorrow will be the same as today and Wednesday is looking to continue to be not as fully booked as usual although we will have all of our flights running.  I did not see any cute dogs or cats at work today.  There was one average dog but I only saw him/her in passing.  
I no longer long for the old view!

Bookman George

Hey everyone!  Connie, AKA Hester Jean, just notified me of the existence of this new board and I signed right up. So good to see so many familiar names, right from the start. Thanks, Chris and Amy!!


Chris L

Hi, Bookman George (as opposed to our other George)! It's good to see you here! Maybe we should plug the board again on Facebook, because there are probably other people who didn't catch our announcement in the FTC group. Ideally, we'd like all the old regulars, plus new folks, on this board and posting, though as you've noticed we already have a surprisingly large number of our old friends.

Anyway, relax, stay a while, and feel free to post!
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

Hester Jean

Quote from: Bookman George on Jul 03, 2017, 05:17 pmHey everyone!  Connie, AKA Hester Jean, just notified me of the existence of this new board and I signed right up. So good to see so many familiar names, right from the start. Thanks, Chris and Amy!!



Yay! @Bookman George is here! 😄

I should comment on the traffic:

It was light here also!😉

Tomorrow should be extra light!

The fireworks/crackers have really just started and so far, not too bad!

Oh, and the cat that was hanging around my Monday shoot, has not been seen for 2 weeks! 😺 I hope that she/he has found a real home!

Bobster

Meanwhile, traffic in NYC was BUSY!!!  I think for every New Yorker who left 10 out-of-towners came.


And it didn't help with the NJ parks shutdown; I suspect we got more visitors from that too.

Vera Charles

Quote from: Chris L on Jul 03, 2017, 05:26 pmMaybe we should plug the board again on Facebook, because there are probably other people who didn't catch our announcement in the FTC group.

I think that's an excellent idea, @Chris L . There are at least a handful of people in the FB group who (whom?) I am surprised have not popped up here yet.

Diane

Quote from: Bobster on Jul 03, 2017, 10:11 pmMeanwhile, traffic in NYC was BUSY!!!  I think for every New Yorker who left 10 out-of-towners came.


And it didn't help with the NJ parks shutdown; I suspect we got more visitors from that too.

I was in NYC for less than 24 hours on the 2nd into the 3rd, in order to see a concert of "Doonesbury" at 54 Below, directed by Mark Falconer and music directed by Will Buck. (We were in CT working on clearing my mother in law's house).   We flew home out of LGA on the 3rd and traffic was much lighter than usual, especially crossing midtown (we started from the west side). The plane however, was full with a standby list, and Will and I were unexpectedly bumped to first class (we are both Platinum on AA thanks to our trip to London/Sweden last year, and to Hawaii).

The concert was a lot of fun--I didn't know the score at all, though I read the comic strip for many years--but wow the food and beverage at 54 below has gotten expensive.  The vocal parts seemed complex to me (me=not a musician) and I was impressed the team was able to pull it all together in just a few weeks of scattered rehearsal.

Hester Jean

Quote from: Vera Charles on Jul 03, 2017, 03:21 pmWhat I would give for an empty office. Indeed, I was supposed to be off today because I'd worked all weekend, but had to go in because my boss decided to call a last minute meeting.
Final run through tonight of The Pirates of Penzance that I'm directing before band call tomorrow and Dress on Wednesday. It's only a small village production, but they take their Am Dram very seriously here in Somerset, so the stakes are high.
This is VERY well deserved this evening:



Very nice balancing of the wine on the book!