11-DEC-18 Soup Day

Started by DiveMilw, Dec 11, 2018, 06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

Today I will start making Carrot Soup to bring into work for our Retirement Potluck on Friday.  I'm off on Friday but I'll bring it in Thursday night.  I'm starting it early because A) 2 lbs of carrots takes a while to peel and B) it gets better the next day.  I was going to peel carrots this morning but ran out of time.  So I'll have to do it after work.  I've decided to try making it in my InstantPot so I won't have to watch it on the stove.  Then I'll just have to whiz it through the blender and add heavy cream.  It will be in a slow cooker at work to keep it warm.  And, of course, I'll hold back a bit for consumption at home.   O:-)
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

Soup sounds lovely. I might go next door to the coffee shop and see what kinds of soup they're serving today.

DiveMilw

Someone brought in Split Pea soup for lunch this week.  I also want to make that soon.  

Hester Jean

Quote from: DiveMilw on Dec 11, 2018, 06:34 AMToday I will start making Carrot Soup to bring into work for our Retirement Potluck on Friday.  I'm off on Friday but I'll bring it in Thursday night.  I'm starting it early because A) 2 lbs of carrots takes a while to peel and B) it gets better the next day.  I was going to peel carrots this morning but ran out of time.  So I'll have to do it after work.  I've decided to try making it in my InstantPot so I won't have to watch it on the stove.  Then I'll just have to whiz it through the blender and add heavy cream.  It will be in a slow cooker at work to keep it warm.  And, of course, I'll hold back a bit for consumption at home.   O:-)
I can't think of anything grosser than Carrot soup unless you somehow add peanut butter to it! 🤮 (In case, you forgot,  I think carrots are the devil's spawn, with peanut butter a close second!) But I still love you, Tom! 😚

DiveMilw

Quote from: Hester Jean on Dec 13, 2018, 06:42 PM
Quote from: DiveMilw on Dec 11, 2018, 06:34 AMToday I will start making Carrot Soup to bring into work for our Retirement Potluck on Friday.  I'm off on Friday but I'll bring it in Thursday night.  I'm starting it early because A) 2 lbs of carrots takes a while to peel and B) it gets better the next day.  I was going to peel carrots this morning but ran out of time.  So I'll have to do it after work.  I've decided to try making it in my InstantPot so I won't have to watch it on the stove.  Then I'll just have to whiz it through the blender and add heavy cream.  It will be in a slow cooker at work to keep it warm.  And, of course, I'll hold back a bit for consumption at home.   O:-)
I can't think of anything grosser than Carrot soup unless you somehow add peanut butter to it! 🤮 (In case, you forgot,  I think carrots are the devil's spawn, with peanut butter a close second!) But I still love you, Tom! 😚
There is also lots of butter and heavy cream in it if that might make it more palatable.   ;D

Bookman George

Connie, you know I love you but I have to disagree. The soup sounds absolutely delicious!

BTW, did you get to one of the Symphony performances of Messiah last weekend? I thought it was wonderful.

Hester Jean

Quote from: Bookman George on Dec 13, 2018, 10:21 PMConnie, you know I love you but I have to disagree. The soup sounds absolutely delicious!

BTW, did you get to one of the Symphony performances of Messiah last weekend? I thought it was wonderful.

Yes, I did! The Symphony and Chorus were wonderful,  the audience, not so. The woman in front of me thought it was a sing-along  :-[ (Yes, I did ask her to stop!)