20-DEC-18 Stuck in the Lobby

Started by DiveMilw, Dec 20, 2018, 03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

Actually, last night I was assigned to be a Patron Guide (Float) in the Box Office area.  That meant I couldn't be in the theater.  I watched a bit of the show (Hamilton) on the monitor in the lobby.  I also read some of my book and I left early to avoid the traffic jam that is the parking lot and surrounding streets once the show lets out.  I'm volunteering twice more next week and if I remember to email them I will get assigned to be an usher for at least one of those shows.  For now I'm gearing up to work 7 days straight as well as drive up to Boston for Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family.  This will be a challenging week but should also be rewarding. 
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

That's too bad that you didn't get to see the show in the theatre, but at least you should be able to see it next week. Right now I'm looking at the "work 7 days straight" part, and thinking "Ewwww." Although I've done plenty of those "work tons of days in a row" stretches when I've had projects due, and most of them have come at this time of year because clients have been trying to use up their budgets. Do you get any sort of overtime for working so many days straight?

I'm headed to bed so I can stay there a while and try to shake this cold.