6 January 2019 Happy Sunday!

Started by KathyB, Jan 06, 2019, 02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

A very happy Sunday to everyone. My big event for the day was getting gas for the car. Now I am heating up some Trader Joe's mandarin orange chicken for late lunch/early dinner and reading a book. This was a weekend filled with potential, and what have I ended up doing? A whole lotta nothing, and I'm proud of myself. ;)

Chris L

We took down the Christmas tree, packed away the decorations and Amy swept up the pine needles while I shook out the cloth covers from under the tree into existing tree needles in the yard. The tree is now waiting over by the trashcans so that we can take it out to the curb later in the week for the city tree collection on Saturday, when it will return to nature as mulch and begin the circle of Christmas-tree life all over again.
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

DiveMilw

I tried a new recipe tonight.  Instant Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice.  I had to settle for using domestic chicken but I think it turned out pretty well.  I'd like to add more veggies the next time I make it.  I made a few minor adjustments such as sauteing the onion and chicken for a bit and adding some freeze dried garlic instead of using garlic salt.  I thought the canned tomatoes had more than enough salt for the dish.  And I used frozen corn instead of fresh or canned because that is what I had.  Should you choose to make this in an electric pressure cooker I would use a tip included in the comments - Wait to put the rice in after you've mixed everything else.  Pour/Sprinkle the rice over the top of everything and then cook.  This helps to avoid a "burn" notice and ruining your dinner.  
I no longer long for the old view!