8 January 2018 Terrific Tuesday

Started by KathyB, Jan 08, 2019, 09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

So far it's been an OK day, but maybe if I'm optimistic, it will really turn into a Terrific Tuesday! I am trying to get more fiber in my diet, so I bought apples and celery yesterday at the grocery store. Celery is not the most exciting thing to gnaw on, but I think I can keep it up. 

Today I get to call Comcast and figure out why my home security system is offline. After I come back from Costco where I plan on picking up some 5000-I.U. capsules of Vitamin D3. Hopefully no one will rob the place in the meantime.

KathyB

It's more like Terrible Tuesday now. I was on the phone with Comcast for between 20 and 30 minutes, and they determined that I needed to have a technician come out, so we set up an appointment. Then someone from Comcast called again, saying that maybe we could take care of it over the phone and not need the technician. So I was unscrewing things and taking batteries in and out, and I accidentally pushed the panic button for the security system, which triggered a call to my cell phone, and then I couldn't answer the security question they had for me (I didn't even realize that I had a secret answer that I needed to give--I've got to find out more about that and how to change it), so they called the police, who came by while I was still on the phone troubleshooting, and I assured them that everything was fine, and I had accidentally set off the alarm.

So I was on the phone for 40 minutes with Comcast the second time, counting the interruptions when I had to respond to the alarm, and we still didn't get the problem solved, so the technician is still coming out. At least the police officer was nice about everything.