27 January 2019 - time zone Sunday

Started by Gordonb, Jan 26, 2019, 10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordonb

Just so @KathyB can keep on top of such important matters here in SW Turkey right now we are 3 hours ahead of London so presumably 8 or 9 ahead of Denver. 

For our first winter here we have been blessed with what is apparently the wettest and worst weather in living memory . They do tell us though that all the rain is great for the 2019 grape and mushroom harvest. 

And it's comforting to know that no matter the winter weather we're sure of long, hot spring, summer and autumn days which last year lasted until late November. 

KathyB

Thank you, Gordon. London is 7 hours ahead of Denver, Edmonton, Salt Lake City, El Paso and Mazatlan, so Turkey is 10 hours ahead. 

I just got back from seeing an intense play called Last Night and the Night Before. It is going to have me thinking for a long time. It's a psychological family drama about an 11-year-old girl. Her mother is an opioid addict who got pregnant when she was 14. They leave Georgia and end up in Brooklyn to stay with the mother's sister and her lover. The father is seen mainly in flashback. Late in act I, the mother skips out on everyone, leaving the daughter behind. The daughter is traumatized by something, but we don't find out what until late in act II. 

It's going to be a month of thoughtful theatre-going, because the next play I see is an adaptation of Anna Karenina.

DiveMilw

That does sound really interesting, Kathy. There are a few plays I'd like to see locally but I don't think I'm gong to make it to see them before they close. However I am getting slightly better at seeing things nearby do there is hope for future slows.
I no longer long for the old view!