The Stone Cold Bench is back

Started by Bobster, Jul 07, 2017, 12:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobster

"Herbie, why does everybody walk out?"

KathyB

I need to sit here. The server is intermittently down where I am working. I will probably need to stay late to get stuff done, assuming that the stuff I was working on can be recovered. Personal/family life could be a lot better. And my shrink is going on vacation for two weeks.

My gosh, this bench is nice and cold. I would think it would be super heat-conductive during the summer months to make sitting on it even more miserable.

DiveMilw

Quote from: KathyB on Jul 07, 2017, 12:32 pmMy gosh, this bench is nice and cold. I would think it would be super heat-conductive during the summer months to make sitting on it even more miserable.

I think you sometimes come here to sit when it is too hot out just because of the cold.  If this were a real place I know I would do that. 


Also, I would like to remind everyone that a cushion is allowed to make the sitting more comfy.   O:-)
I no longer long for the old view!

Bobster

Quote from: DiveMilw on Jul 07, 2017, 02:08 pmAlso, I would like to remind everyone that a cushion is allowed to make the sitting more comfy.   O:-)

It was taken when he walked out and left me here.  :(


MartinG

Feeling desperately sorry for our cat Sam who's had a cataract in one eye for years, which we decided not to get fixed to save him the distress, but who now has an ulcer in the other, leaving him practically blind until the meds clear it up, apparently in at least two weeks. We already have to give him a steroid pill twice daily and now have to apply drops under his horribly inflamed eyelid. Poor little fellow 😯  :cat:
Morals tomorrow

Vera Charles

Quote from: MartinG on Jul 12, 2017, 12:21 pmPoor little fellow 😯  :cat:
Aw, bless. Sorry to hear it, Martin.

Chris L

Quote from: MartinG on Jul 12, 2017, 12:21 pmFeeling desperately sorry for our cat Sam who's had a cataract in one eye for years, which we decided not to get fixed to save him the distress, but who now has an ulcer in the other, leaving him practically blind until the meds clear it up, apparently in at least two weeks. We already have to give him a steroid pill twice daily and now have to apply drops under his horribly inflamed eyelid. Poor little fellow 😯  :cat:

I definitely sympathize, Martin. Our cat Max had severe intestinal problems until we put him on steroids and changed his diet. The problem finally seems to have gone away, though, and we've taken him off the steroids. So far he's doing fine.
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

AmyG

Get better soon Sam  :'(  :cat:

mrssondheim

Poor Sam. Get better sweetie!
A blank page or canvas. My favorite.

valmont

I was born to ask "why was I born?"

Bobster


Gordonb

Am I so out of touch these days with social mores that it is now acceptable for a mother to feed her baby in a buggy and her toddler (and herself) from a box of fried chicken and chips on a train at 3 in the afternoon? And to let said toddler run amok throughout the carriage with a piece of chicken in its hands?

Whatever happened to good manners?

KathyB

Quote from: Gordonb on Aug 11, 2017, 01:33 amAm I so out of touch these days with social mores that it is now acceptable for a mother to feed her baby in a buggy and her toddler (and herself) from a box of fried chicken and chips on a train at 3 in the afternoon? And to let said toddler run amok throughout the carriage with a piece of chicken in its hands?

Whatever happened to good manners?
I would say that it probably was acceptable for the various parties involved to eat the chicken (depending on how hungry they all were), but the running up and down with the piece of chicken was definitely not acceptable. I don't think the mother needed to offer the chicken and chips to everyone on the train. I do think it's possible to be discreet with eating on public transportation. The toddler definitely was NOT. The other two--I don't know, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Was the baby breastfeeding? That's a situation where unfortunately you can't control the timing of the baby's appetite, and when it's gotta be done, it's gotta be done.
I don't know what happened to good manners. I don't claim to have them.

MartinG

Spent my Dad's last hour with him yesterday. He was 85 and had become very poorly so it's a release for him and for my Mum who has been his primary carer for years and was struggling. He gave me my passion for a great tune and a brilliant lyric, and my joy in language and verbal imagination. His many characteristic phrases, curious neologisms and playful ditties ring in my head and always will.
Morals tomorrow

Chris L

My condolences, Martin. He sounds like a great man and I suspect he's responsible for much of what we love about you today.
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?