6-JUL-17 A Productive Day!

Started by DiveMilw, Jul 06, 2017, 11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

It's barely 2 p.m. in my time zone and already I have:
1) taken my parents shopping for clothing
2) gotten my mother a new cane
3) went to the new Greek restaurant, The Simple Greek.  (as my mom accurately described it, it's basically a Greek version of Chipolte)
4) got some more cat toys to ship off to my friend's cats
5) did some quick shopping at Trader Joe's
6) re-watched the last episode of season one of "Westworld"
7) watched the movie "The Accountant" which wasn't too bad of a movie.  My expectations were low and this wasn't the usual action flick.  I mean that in a very good way. 
8.) did a little bit of weeding.  I can't keep up with all of the weeds in the many flower beds my parents created over the years.  They no longer get outside to garden so I try to take care of an average of a square foot a day.  That is not much but it does make a difference and unlike last year I don't feel like the backyard is a 100% lost cause. 
I no longer long for the old view!

Diane

That's a very productive day, Tom!

I used to have days like that.  But I am somewhere between you and your parents in terms of energy.  After all, I am soon to be a grandmother.

Things I've done today:

Emailed a few remaining people to let them know about impending grandmotherhood--like my brothers.  I should tell them, right?   They shouldn't be the last to know.

Made the blueberry, lemon, almond loaf cake from yesterday's NYT.  It's in the oven now.  i can't remember the last time I used my loaf pans.

Thought about watering my container patio plants.  Haven't actually done it.

Wow, I'm tired!

Vera Charles

You win in the productivity stakes, Tom.
I had a lie in (after late night due to too much adrenaline after Dress of The Pirates of Penzance).
Then I went to have my underarms waxed (tmi?).
Then I went into work, even though I'm on holiday this week. Was there for two hours, at least 90 minutes of which was spent in various corners with colleagues who wanted to complain to me about how psychotic our Boss has become. 🙄
Then I went to B&Q to by a garden parasol, followed by M&S for snack food I don't need, but really love. Oh, and I bought a kilo of cherries - my favourite fruit, but I can't eat them without staining my fingers and everything I touch a lovely shade of cherry.
Then I sat in the garden, under the new parasol, drinking tea and finishing Nick Hytner's biography.
Then I did a very half-hearted bit of house-work.
Then I headed off to the opening night of The Pirates of Penzance - I've directed. The whole process has been reminiscent of a couple of the very best episodes of Mapp and Lucia. Dealt with a very deaf Front of House volunteer who kept mishearing the row people were sitting in and chaos ensued before everyone was reseated in the right place. Successful first night enfolded.
Then I came home and poured myself a wee glass of Sauvignon and opened The Sondheim Forum to catch up on what you have all been doing with your day.

KathyB

I picked up the fluoride rinse at my dentist's office, saw my shrink, and did one of the things I was procrastinating on doing because there are at least several million things in this world I would rather do than that. Something majorly unpleasant. But I finally did it.

I did not do any work, which can also be majorly unpleasant, and which I guess I'm going to have to do tonight.

It's too stinking hot. Even if it's a dry heat, it's hot. I want ice cream, but I ate all of it.

DiveMilw

This evening I helped a helium filled Mylar balloon pass into the next life.  When I came home from France this past April I opened the door to my bedroom and found a birthday balloon floating in it.  I brought it downstairs since my birthday is in November.  My mom said my father had brought it home from the Senior Center for me even though my younger brother's birthday is in April and he was going to be in town at some point that month.  It had been barely hovering over the desk for a while now.  I decided today was the day it should move on.  So I can day that to my list of "things gotten done."

I really didn't do too much but it looks impressive when listed like that.  It sounds like everyone is having a good day so far even if it is hot.  A nice balance of doing things you want and doing things you must. 
I no longer long for the old view!

Hester Jean

I was very unproductive today!

I got up early for a day off.  ;)

Took my Dad to the Botanical Gardens for a walk.  He just got a walker with a seat and this was his longest day out with it!  I'm actually proud of my Dad for doing this.   He is 82 and has a mess-up back from being a brake mechanic (laying under cars in the cold and damp isn't the greatest on one's back!).  Walking has become an issue with him.  But he is determine to not give up and he really is trying! 

We went to lunch at a Mexican restaurant. Amigo Joe's.

And then I took a real walk out at Shaw's Nature Reserve for 2 hours. I thought it was suppose to be in the 80s today, but apparently I was wrong.  And there were these lovely puffy clouds in the sky which never covered the Reserve until the end of my walk. 

Tomorrow at work we are "Celebrating Diversity" and everyone is suppose to bring food from their ethic background. My mother who wasn't a great cook, never cooked anything from our background and what does a German/Irish bring? German potato salad? Half of my coworkers could bring that! So I decided to go with my St. Louis background and make a Gooey Butter Cake.

That done, I deadheaded my flowers and watered them.

valmont

Got through two all-day planning sessions at work with the entire IT staff.  I think we are all exhausted from it.  They want to do this every quarter??  Madness!
I was born to ask "why was I born?"

Diane

Quote from: Hester Jean on Jul 06, 2017, 06:11 PMI was very unproductive today!

I
And then I took a real walk out at Shaw's Nature Reserve for 2 hours. I thought it was suppose to be in the 80s today, but apparently I was wrong.  And there were these lovely puffy clouds in the sky which never covered the Reserve until the end of my walk. 

Are you trying to say it was hot?

Hester Jean

Quote from: Diane on Jul 07, 2017, 05:13 AM
Quote from: Hester Jean on Jul 06, 2017, 06:11 PMI was very unproductive today!
did
I

Are you trying to say it was hot?

Not as hot as today!  But there was a breeze today, so the lovely puffy clouds did occasionally pass overhead!