Assassins at the Watermill

Started by Leighton, Apr 26, 2019, 12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leighton

Very excited to see this!  I saw their Sweeney in the West End (all those years ago now - John Doyle's actor-musician production that started the whole fad in the mid-00s)

I missed ALNM last summer, annoyingly, but love the theatre and its aesthetic so much, so really excited to see my first live production of Assassins!

No word yet on whether it'll be actor-muso, but I assume so as both Sweeney and ALNM were ... although Kiss Me Kate is there just before, and is an actor-muso show, so not sure if they'll do two in a row ... 

https://www.watermill.org.uk/assassins
Self indulgence is better than no indulgence!

scenicdesign71

@Leighton , at the bottom of the page you linked, the blurb notes that with Assassins "The Watermill returns to Sondheim with a multi-talented cast of actor-musicians."

Chris L

Quote from: scenicdesign71 on Apr 27, 2019, 03:16 AM@Leighton , at the bottom of the page you linked, the burb notes that with Assassins "The Watermill returns to Sondheim with a multi-talented cast of actor-musicians."
Actor-muso then. I can't wait for @Leighton to report whether John Wilkes Booth plays the fiddle while he's dying. (More likely the Balladeer will, but Booth really needs something to do while he's lying there.)
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

Leighton

Ah, that was a stupid miss! 

Leighton

Wow. An absolutely breathtaking production that really resonates.  It's a cracker