1-May-2019 No Clouts Cast

Started by MartinG, May 01, 2019, 11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartinG

Lengthy heated debate with the manager of the theatre where we're rehearsing about the minimum temperature they should maintain when the building's occupied. According to the local Environmental Health Dept it should be 65-68 degrees. We say it should apply when we hire the place for rehearsing; he says it only applies when there's a paying audience in, like some grasping Victorian landlord.  >:( 

Roll on summer.
Morals tomorrow

mrssondheim

Quote from: MartinG on May 01, 2019, 11:24 AMLengthy heated debate with the manager of the theatre where we're rehearsing about the minimum temperature they should maintain when the building's occupied. According to the local Environmental Health Dept it should be 65-68 degrees. We say it should apply when we hire the place for rehearsing; he says it only applies when there's a paying audience in, like some grasping Victorian landlord.  >:(

Roll on summer.
I too have experienced this, and I just can't remember where.  It wasn't Fun Home since were weren't in there till tech week, but it wasn't that long ago either. If they are charging you to rent the space then they should definitely have the temp controled. If not then I guess you are at their mercy.

OH YEAH! I was working a murder mystery train gig. Gorg3ous through out until you got to the car for the actors to use as a dressing room. It was an EXTREMELY hot day, and our car was just baking. Not a fun gig at all!!!
A blank page or canvas. My favorite.