3 May 2019 Friday!

Started by KathyB, May 03, 2019, 03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

Hooray, it's Friday! Which today meant that I slept late, got a salad for lunch, and am now getting ready to send the logo ideas to the client, except I thought I'd procrastinate still more on this project by starting a daily thread here.

So, happy Friday to you, except for those of you for whom it's already Saturday (I expect Gordon is in this category).

Gordonb

Quote from: KathyB on May 03, 2019, 03:09 PMSo, happy Friday to you, except for those of you for whom it's already Saturday (I expect Gordon is in this category).

It would have been Saturday here at the time you posted Kathy, and I had had a very nice day. My friend Lynne who owns the house here where we stayed the very first time (and where we fell in love with Üzümlü) was over to open up her house for the season accompanied by her friend Gill. They had had a busy few days spring cleaning the house so we decided to head to the beach for lunch at Deniz Incisi (Sea Pearl) where we had beer, squid, salad and chips. It's nothing fancy just simple food, warm sunshine and the sounds and the smells of the Aegean Sea.

Neither Rey nor Pepe could join us, Rey because he was watching over Pepe and Pepe because the previous day he had had surgery! We took him to the vet as he seemed to have some discomfort in his throat/mouth and we wondered if he had perhaps got a piece of dried grass or something caught. Turned out in fact that he had a small melanoma in his soft palate so the vet excised it there and then. That means that he has to be 10 days on soft foods only and he has to be muzzled when outdoors to prevent him picking up such delicacies as twigs, insects, goat and sheep poo ... for fear of damaging his stitches or infecting the wound. He has recovered fine but is pretty miserable being confined to the house and garden ... we keep telling him it's only for 10 days but ....

We finished filling the pool on Thursday - Rey immediately plunged in, I decided to wait for at least another month until it warms up a lot!

Gordonb

Here's Pepe doing his Hannibal Lector impersonation.

DiveMilw

Poor Pepe!!! I hope the 10 days go by quickly for him. 
I no longer long for the old view!

Gordonb

Quote from: DiveMilw on May 04, 2019, 09:06 PMPoor Pepe!!! I hope the 10 days go by quickly for him.
Happier days pre-surgery and muzzle.