I Know Who You Are

Started by Vera Charles, Jul 15, 2017, 03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vera Charles

Not being a massive addict of boxed sets and always being a bit meh about American mini-series (West Wing aside, which I only found my way to in the past year) I have a fairly bog-standard free sat box and don't do Netflix or anything fancy schmanzy like Amazon fire (is that what it's called?). I am fairly addicted to BBC4 Saturday night crime noir - starting with Wallander, then The Killing, Borgen, Engrenages, Cardinal, The Bridge and now, starting tonight, a Spanish crime killer called I Know Who You Are. An unscrupulous, but successful lawyer apparently suffers amnesia after a car accident in the course of which his 22 year old niece goes missing. We have to decide if he really is suffering from amnesia and if he had anything to do with the young woman's disappearance. Two episodes in and I'm hooked.

Chris L

It's Amazon Prime, not Amazon Fire, which is a book reader based on an Android tablet.

I Know Who You Are sounds interesting, but we'll likely only see it here if it shows up on BBC America or PBS.

Has the new season of Broadchurch started yet? @AmyG and I thoroughly enjoyed the first two.
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

Vera Charles

Quote from: Chris L on Jul 15, 2017, 04:05 PMHas the new season of Broadchurch started yet? @AmyG and I thoroughly enjoyed the first two.

The third series aired in April over here. I loved the first series, didn't enjoy the second as much and felt the third series was back on form.

(FWIW, a lot of it is filmed quite near to where I live and I know quite a few people who appeared as Extras.)

Vera Charles

Can't wait for episodes 3 and 4 this evening. I'll never get over the thrill of having to wait for programmes to be aired on the actual television, rather than have them available to me on demand.

Gordonb

Quote from: Vera Charles on Jul 22, 2017, 09:53 AMCan't wait for episodes 3 and 4 this evening. I'll never get over the thrill of having to wait for programmes to be aired on the actual television, rather than have them available to me on demand.

Not watching it but Radio Times says it wonders how the Spanish legal system gets any work done as the personnel are always having sex with each other, and that the handsome actors are always stripping off ... otherwise has it got much to offer???

Vera Charles

Quote from: Gordonb on Jul 22, 2017, 10:28 AM
Quote from: Vera Charles on Jul 22, 2017, 09:53 AMCan't wait for episodes 3 and 4 this evening. I'll never get over the thrill of having to wait for programmes to be aired on the actual television, rather than have them available to me on demand.

Not watching it but Radio Times says it wonders how the Spanish legal system gets any work done as the personnel are always having sex with each other, and that the handsome actors are always stripping off ... otherwise has it got much to offer???

Not much sex or stripping off last week (or none that I remember) @Gordonb What I loved was the premise and the Spanishness of it (honest, guv!).

Gordonb

Quote from: Vera Charles on Jul 22, 2017, 10:32 AM
Quote from: Gordonb on Jul 22, 2017, 10:28 AM

Not much sex or stripping off last week (or none that I remember) @Gordonb What I loved was the premise and the Spanishness of it (honest, guv!).

Whatever @Vera Charles !

Vera Charles

I've paused tonight's first episode at 35 minutes to report to @Gordonb that there has been no sex and only fleeting (female) nudity thus far. The Radio Times has lied to us ...