July 16, 2017

Started by Gordonb, Jul 16, 2017, 04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordonb

A nice and warm but not very sunny Sunday here in London.

The Dyson has been working like a trojan this morning (I had no idea that we had so many nooks and crannies that needed some heavy duty suction).

I've prepped the lamb rump for dinner tonight - a marinade of blitzed garlic, chilli, salt, pepper, bay leaf and mint with a little Greek olive oil as lubricant, and the lamb, which smells gorgeous, is now sitting in the fridge.

A little tidy up/dead-heading session in the garden and I cut a dozen or so agapanthus flowers to brighten up the kitchen.

I fed and watered the next-door-but-one's cat Roman, who hates me with a passion normally but when I go in to their house and open the cat food he is all over me like a rash! Talk about cupboard love.

A little bowl of left-over potato salad for lunch is beckoning me before an afternoon in front of the telly watching Federer and Cilic ... go Roger!

Enjoy your Sunday folks.

Vera Charles

Quote from: Gordonb on Jul 16, 2017, 04:54 AMI've prepped the lamb rump for dinner tonight - a marinade of blitzed garlic, chilli, salt, pepper, bay leaf and mint with a little Greek olive oil as lubricant, and the lamb, which smells gorgeous, is now sitting in the fridge.

That sounds mouth-watering, Gordon.
Quiet Sunday here. Overcast, but a bit muggy. I'm using it to catch up on some paperwork and then I'll settle down with the Sunday papers. Also need to have a look at the script for Half a Sixpence that I'm appearing in later on in the year.

Gordonb

Quote from: Vera Charles on Jul 16, 2017, 05:20 AM
Quote from: Gordonb on Jul 16, 2017, 04:54 AMI've prepped the lamb rump for dinner tonight - a marinade of blitzed garlic, chilli, salt, pepper, bay leaf and mint with a little Greek olive oil as lubricant, and the lamb, which smells gorgeous, is now sitting in the fridge.

That sounds mouth-watering, Gordon.
Quiet Sunday here. Overcast, but a bit muggy. I'm using it to catch up on some paperwork and then I'll settle down with the Sunday papers. Also need to have a look at the script for Half a Sixpence that I'm appearing in later on in the year.

"Flash, bang, wallop!" - where?

Did you see the Chichester/West End production? Not really my cup of tea but it did sound like fun...didn't @Gsavage14 see it?

Vera Charles

Quote from: Gordonb on Jul 16, 2017, 05:36 AM"Flash, bang, wallop!" - where?

Did you see the Chichester/West End production? Not really my cup of tea but it did sound like fun...didn't @Gsavage14 see it?

Weston-super-Mare of all places!
Yes, I saw it a month or so ago in London. It was fun, a new version (with lots of rewriting from Julian Fellowes, I believe) but not the version we're doing, which is a revised version of the previous amateur version. I'm playing the stuck-up potential mother-in-law to be.