Monday 17 July.

Started by Vera Charles, Jul 17, 2017, 04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vera Charles

Sitting at my desk at work, eating my odd-combo lunch of sweet potato, broad beans and spiralled courgette, which actually tastes not too bad. It is the result of my going food shopping yesterday without a list and picking up random things without a thought for what goes with what. I'm also trying to jump start myself into more healthy eating patterns, but that usually only lasts until around  tea-time on a Monday and it's all downhill after that!

Hope Monday is going well wherever you are.

Gordonb

Quote from: Vera Charles on Jul 17, 2017, 04:34 AMSitting at my desk at work, eating my odd-combo lunch of sweet potato, broad beans and spiralled courgette, which actually tastes not too bad. It is the result of my going food shopping yesterday without a list and picking up random things without a thought for what goes with what. I'm also trying to jump start myself into more healthy eating patterns, but that usually only lasts until around  tea-time on a Monday and it's all downhill after that!

Hope Monday is going well wherever you are.

That sounds like a lunch in dire need of a very strong dressing ... or something.

I'm on a half-day so sitting in the garden listening to the builders in the house next door (blissfully empty for the last 15 months or so) and now undergoing a major refurbishment,

I'm not sure which radio station they are tuned into but I've heard Abba, Billy Joel, the Bee Gees so actually not as bad as it might be.

Officially I'm listening to Helen Schneider's "A Voice and a Piano" which I have just got (my obscure Sondheim vocalists project) and right now she is losing the battle to Culture Club and "Karma bloody Karma etc".

Last night's lamb was totally scrumptious by the way.

AmyG

Quote from: Gordonb on Jul 17, 2017, 06:12 AMI'm not sure which radio station they are tuned into but I've heard Abba, Billy Joel, the Bee Gees so actually not as bad as it might be.

Officially I'm listening to Helen Schneider's "A Voice and a Piano" which I have just got (my obscure Sondheim vocalists project) and right now she is losing the battle to Culture Club and "Karma bloody Karma etc".

Whenever we have construction, it's always Mexican music. It sounds like Mariachi to me but I know so little about it that I'm not really sure if that's what it is. Also, it all sounds exactly the same.

Vera Charles

Quote from: AmyG on Jul 17, 2017, 08:27 AM
Quote from: Gordonb on Jul 17, 2017, 06:12 AMI'm not sure which radio station they are tuned into but I've heard Abba, Billy Joel, the Bee Gees so actually not as bad as it might be.

Whenever we have construction, it's always Mexican music. It sounds like Mariachi to me but I know so little about it that I'm not really sure if that's what it is. Also, it all sounds exactly the same.

I live in the middle of nowhere. My noise pollution is mostly caused by INCREDIBLY loud sheep (who knew it was possible to Baa so loudly?) straight from central casting diluted only by the dull buzz of a distant hedge trimmer. I'm a very lucky lady. I certainly don't miss living in Vauxhall back to back with New Covent Garden Market which came to (very loud) life at 3am every morning.

mrssondheim

Quote from: AmyG on Jul 17, 2017, 08:27 AM

The music is most probably Ranchero music.  It is different from Mariachi, but you would have to hear both styles back to back to pick up on it.  I learned this the embarassing way when my ex husband and I had a house in mexico and I made the mistake of calling the music in a bar Mariachi.  Lol.
A blank page or canvas. My favorite.