July 21, 2017 -- World Ends. Film at 11.

Started by Chris L, Jul 21, 2017, 11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris L

Not really. There's some political news, but I've sworn that I won't talk about politics on here, so I can't use that as a subject header. Nobody'd started a Daily yet, so I thought I'd get one going.

How are things, my old and new friends? Crow about your triumphs and vent about your peeves. That's what we're here for. ;)
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

Vera Charles

Quote from: Chris L on Jul 21, 2017, 11:34 AMHow are things, my old and new friends? Crow about your triumphs and vent about your peeves. That's what we're here for. ;)

I've just clocked off - 9 work free days. Hurrah! Even managed to delete-without-replying a pointless attempt at point-scoring text from my boss sent after I'd signed off.

mrssondheim

I am on day 3 of being sick, but I am getting some script reading done, some Leftover viewing in, and now about to watch One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.  No rehearsal for me until Tuesday, so I hope I am 100% by then.  I actually need to be 100% by Sunday as there is a Dogfight reunion party AT MY HOUSE!!!  We haven't had a gathering here since the wedding!!!

I do think we need to restart the "I Kill Threads" Thread.  I seem to be doing that to any thread I comment on.  ITS A GIFT!!

(can we still become GODS on here?)
A blank page or canvas. My favorite.

Chris L

Quote from: mamarose on Jul 21, 2017, 12:12 PMI am on day 3 of being sick, but I am getting some script reading done, some Leftover viewing in, and now about to watch One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.  No rehearsal for me until Tuesday, so I hope I am 100% by then.  I actually need to be 100% by Sunday as there is a Dogfight reunion party AT MY HOUSE!!!  We haven't had a gathering here since the wedding!!!

I do think we need to restart the "I Kill Threads" Thread.  I seem to be doing that to any thread I comment on.  ITS A GIFT!!

(can we still become GODS on here?)

You haven't killed the Leftovers thread. ;)

Sorry to hear you're sick. Is something going around? Should I wear one of those filtering masks when Amy gets home from work in case she's come in contact with it?  :o
But us, old friend,

Chris L

Quote from: mamarose on Jul 21, 2017, 12:12 PM(can we still become GODS on here?)

And, yes, we can still become Gods. (The forum default was Hero Member, but I changed it.) I won't tell you how many posts you'll need, but at the rate I'm going I'll probably get there first.
But us, old friend,

Vera Charles

Quote from: Chris L on Jul 21, 2017, 12:20 PM
Quote from: mamarose on Jul 21, 2017, 12:12 PM(can we still become GODS on here?)

And, yes, we can still become Gods. (The forum default was Hero Member, but I changed it.) I won't tell you how many posts you'll need, but at the rate I'm going I'll probably get there first.

I was thrilled out of all proportion when I shifted from Junior to Full Member. I think I will probably feel obliged to throw a party if I ever make it to God status.

mrssondheim

Quote from: Vera Charles on Jul 21, 2017, 01:05 PM

I was thrilled out of all proportion when I shifted from Junior to Full Member. I think I will probably feel obliged to throw a party if I ever make it to God status.

I'll be there!!!

DiveMilw

Quote from: mamarose on Jul 21, 2017, 08:53 PM

I'll be there!!!

Me Too!   

(see, Aileen didn't kill this thread)   ;)
I no longer long for the old view!

Vera Charles

Quote from: DiveMilw on Jul 21, 2017, 11:38 PM

I'll be there!!!

Me Too!   

Yipeee! 💃🏻🕺🏻

mrssondheim

I'll be there!!!

Me Too!   

Thank you Tom!!!

Vera Charles

Quote from: mamarose on Jul 22, 2017, 11:43 AM

I'll be there!!!

Me Too!   

Thank you Tom!!!

I was going to reply saying you killed it now, Aileen, then realised I would be the guilty party ...

Chris L

Quote from: Vera Charles on Jul 22, 2017, 11:50 AM

I'll be there!!!

Me Too!    

(see, Aileen didn't kill this thread)   ;)

Thank you Tom!!!

I was going to reply saying you killed it now, Aileen, then realised I would be the guilty party ...

Oh, God, are we competing again to see who can kill a thread? ;)
But us, old friend,

Vera Charles

Quote from: Chris L on Jul 22, 2017, 11:52 AM

I'll be there!!!

Me Too!   

Thank you Tom!!!

That probably means you don't want me to reply to your comment, @Chris L
I do hate to disappoint.

Chris L

Quote from: Vera Charles on Jul 22, 2017, 11:55 AM

I'll be there!!!

Me Too!    

Thank you Tom!!!

I do hate to disappoint.

No. Feel free to reply to that one. No more need to reply, of course. I've now killed the thread.  ::)
But us, old friend,

DiveMilw

Quote from: Chris L on Jul 22, 2017, 01:20 PM
Quote from: Vera Charles on Jul 22, 2017, 11:55 AM

I'll be there!!!

Me Too!    

Thank you Tom!!!

I do hate to disappoint.

No. Feel free to reply to that one. No more need to reply, of course. I've now killed the thread.  ::)
This thread is dead.  Long live the thread!     8)
I no longer long for the old view!