25-MAR-2020 Car Repair Day

Started by DiveMilw, Mar 25, 2020, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

I dropped off my car at the shop to get repaired.  Did I mention what went wrong?  I was driving home from work on Sunday when the cruise control stopped working.  The cruise light started flashing and the check engine light came on.  I was hoping the car would fix itself overnight but when I started it up on Monday (and Tuesday) morning the lights were still flashing/on.  Then today, the day of my appointment, of course they were no longer on.  But I brought the car in anyway.  Their shuttle wasn't around so they called a Lyft to take me to Avis so I could get my rental car.  I'm not loving the car because it won't pair with my phone or even work so I can play podcasts from it.  Also, it smells of pot covered up with strawberry incense.  Blech.  

Other than that today was an OK day.  It was deadly quiet at work, our worst day so far.  Tomorrow promises to be slightly busier but we'll see what happens.
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

Something positive about today: I found out that the deadline for paying estimated taxes has also been moved back. Which is good because I can't see my accountant because the city of Denver has a Stay at Home order. My taxes are too complicated to do by myself (I tried looking at them yesterday). Now I can legitimately procrastinate instead of making a lazy-ass guess about the correct amount of money to send in.