July 29th - Happy Migraine Saturday

Started by mrssondheim, Jul 29, 2017, 12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrssondheim

Hello all!!!!  Woke up with a migraine today.  YAY!!!  So all the amazing cooking I was going to do today has been put on hold.  Booooooooooooooooooooooo.
A blank page or canvas. My favorite.

Chris L

Hope you have some migraine-fighting meds, @mamarose. Maybe you can take one and chill instead of cooking. Can you catch up on Netflix or would that be ruined?

(And thanks for starting the Daily. @AmyG and I are quite proud that we've developed a small but devoted following here, which we need in order to keep this board from going the way of the last one. You've definitely done your part in keeping us alive and active.)
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

Vera Charles

Very sorry to hear about your migraine, Aileen.

Quote from: Chris L on Jul 29, 2017, 01:18 PM(And thanks for starting the Daily. @AmyG and I are quite proud that we've developed a small but devoted following here, which we need in order to keep this board from going the way of the last one. You've definitely done your part in keeping us alive and active.)
It takes time, I suppose - @Chris L and @AmyG you have both done a great thing. I suppose it takes any new thing a while to find its way and its collective voice. I feel guilty for not starting a daily on several occasions when I have had the opportunity. I've felt that my boring day has been too dull to merit starting one - I presume like many of the others here, it's taking me a wee while to find my voice on here again. With the previous incarnation, we'd all found our tone and a pleasant way of all humming along together. I'm sure that will come - all good things come to those who can wait.

Chris L

Quote from: Vera Charles on Jul 29, 2017, 01:33 PMIt takes time, I suppose - @Chris L and @AmyG you have both done a great thing. I suppose it takes any new thing a while to find its way and its collective voice. I feel guilty for not starting a daily on several occasions when I have had the opportunity. I've felt that my boring day has been too dull to merit starting one - I presume like many of the others here, it's taking me a wee while to find my voice on here again. With the previous incarnation, we'd all found our tone and a pleasant way of all humming along together. I'm sure that will come - all good things come to those who can wait.
Thanks, @Vera Charles. I think you're finding your voice here. We're slowly getting comfortable together again, especially because most of us knew one another on the previous board. Just remember that you're among friends and that you've always been well-loved by the members. And feel free to start a Daily even if you don't have anything to say. I've done that a couple of times already myself!
But us, old friend,

AmyG

I think @Chris L finally hit that milestone. Stellar Member  ::)  :D

Chris L

I could have sworn I'd called it Invaluable Member. But Stellar Member is better. Glad I chose it. ;)
But us, old friend,

DiveMilw

Quote from: Chris L on Jul 29, 2017, 01:56 PMI could have sworn I'd called it Invaluable Member. 
I sense another milestone in the making!!
I no longer long for the old view!

Bobster

Gordonb

I have just realised (and it is now tomorrow) that 36 years ago today, on 22 July 1981,  I moved into this house! (Also the day that Charles and Diana got married) I really MUST get around to decorating  that spare bedroom.

For the Brits amongst us, it took every resource to raise the deposit required for the purchase price of £39,950