Mon 8/14/17 - Quick even though the sun is below the yardarm somewhere!

Started by Bobster, Aug 14, 2017, 06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobster

Ok, here's a daily.

@DiveMilw I'm a teeny bit mad that you didn't say you were in town.   C:-)

I went to The Grill tonight (one of the rooms where The Four Seasons was) and had a truly delish high-class dinner.  They must have read up on me or something because they were acting like I was a regular--it was a little creepy but mostly very nice.  It was in a very courteous (without kiss assing) manner.

A couple neat things:  it really wants to be high cuisine without making people feel intimidated--jackets are not required for men and there was classy 50's music in the background.  But make no mistake, this is a top-notch place that can be a dining destination.

I'm going to one of the other rooms here on Wednesday:  The Pool .

DiveMilw

Quote from: Bobster on Aug 14, 2017, 06:44 PM@DiveMilw I'm a teeny bit mad that you didn't say you were in town.   C:-) 
I'm sorry Bobster!!   I would have said something but I didn't really have any free time.  Originally I had planned to travel to WI and have a relaxing weekend in the country with the llamas and kitties at my friend's place.  BUT she (& a mutual WI friend) was seeing Hamlet at the Public on Friday night and wasn't going to be in town.  THEN I tried to visit my brother and his family (and bring my parents up to visit them) BUT they were just getting back from being on vacation.  So I ended up staying with Hot Cop and his husband and visiting with my friends from WI.  Would it also help if I told you I worked 9 days straight before I left for the city?  In fact, I would have left right from work on Friday except I forgot my phone at home so had to stop on the way to retrieve it.  Next time I promise to mention it beforehand.  

While I was in town I saw 1984 (Saturday night) and War Paint (Sunday afternoon).  I wasn't planning on seeing War Paint but I got a lottery ticket so I had to go.  I'm not sure how many lotteries I entered but that was the one I won.  
I no longer long for the old view!