14 June 2021 Monday. Hot Monday.

Started by KathyB, Jun 14, 2021, 09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

Today it is supposed to get up to 99 degrees F, and Tuesday and Wednesday will be even hotter. This weekend was hot, but we had hail yesterday, which cooled it off considerably. I don't know if hail is in the forecast, but if it is, it had better wait until I can get my car in my garage. :)

DiveMilw

I hope it hails after you move your car, Kathy.  We have an overcast day today.  It was raining this morning and we might get some showers late afternoon/early evening.  It is nice and cool right now as long as you have a fan.  The air is a bit humid so without air movement it can feel a little warm.  

I feel very productive today.  I got up "early" and made some pasta to with the sauce I put in the slow cooker after I got home from work last night.  (I'm on the closing shift this week.)  Then I made some cherry "pudding" out of tofu, rehydrated dry sour cherries, frozen cherries, and some sour cherry syrup I got at a Polish bakery.  It needs some more time for the flavors to blend but I think it will turn out OK.  I am using some organic tofu I got at Costco and I don't think I'll get it again for the purposes of making pudding.  It has an odd taste that the fruit can't quite cover up.  Finally, I roasted/sir fried some chickpeas and squash to top salads.  I have one each of red and yellow pepper to roast but I ran out of time.  Oh!  And I started a load of laundry.  I'm quite pleased with myself.   ;D
I no longer long for the old view!

DiveMilw

Update on the Cherry Tofu Pudding:  After sitting for a few hours the flavor is fantastic!!  BUT I used too much water when rehydrating the dried cherries and the consistency was like melty ice cream.  I tried to fix that by putting it back in the blender along with more tofu, non-rehydrated dried cherries, more frozen cherries, and more sour cherry syrup.  Basically, I made a double batch.  I think it will turn out well and I now have pudding to last into next week.
I no longer long for the old view!