Thursday 17 August - Many a New Day

Started by Vera Charles, Aug 17, 2017, 02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vera Charles

Morning all.
I've just emailed by resignation letter to my boss ... anyone want to employ a Jack of All Trades who knows a bit about everything and not a lot about anything?
I'm feeling really positive about it - things have got rather vile in the office and I don't really want to be a part of it anymore, plus I HATE sitting behind a desk. 
I'll do some supply teaching, hopefully while I wait for the opportunities to come flooding in.

Leighton

Wish I had an opening in my department!  I'd employ you in a jiffy :) 
Self indulgence is better than no indulgence!

Vera Charles

Quote from: Leighton on Aug 17, 2017, 09:06 AMWish I had an opening in my department!  I'd employ you in a jiffy :)
Awww, bless you, Leighton. That's a very kind thing to say.

Diane

I'm in Connecticut (again) continuing the work of clearing out my mother-in-law's house, and for the first time in 36 years of visiting here, I saw a coyote cross the back yard.   There were turkeys earlier today, but they're old friends.

DiveMilw

My goodness Mairi, how exciting!  I'm sure you will have many interesting opportunities come your way.  

Diane - I saw turkeys up near Boston on Monday!  Wasn't at all expecting to see them but there they were.
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

Best of luck with the new career opportunities, Mairi! I'd hire you in a heartbeat if I could. (And if there wasn't any kind of nasty international paperwork having to do with visas and tax situations.)

I am currently procrastinating from doing work. I may procrastinate on this project all the way to the weekend.

Bobster

All the best, Mairi; I'm sure Opportunity is on her way to knock on your door!!