Adding an image or photograph

Started by Vera Charles, Jun 20, 2017, 02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vera Charles

Sorry to clog your Inbox @Chris L and @AmyG - I seem to remember on the old board you had to upload an image to a website like Flicker in order to generate a URL before you can put it in a post using the [img] [\img] coding. Do you still have to do it that way?

Chris L

Quote from: Vera Charles on Jun 20, 2017, 02:02 PMSorry to clog your Inbox @Chris L and @AmyG - I seem to remember on the old board you had to upload an image to a website like Flicker in order to generate a URL before you can put it in a post using the [img] [\img] coding. Do you still have to do it that way?

There may be an option we can turn on that will allow images as attachments. Let me look into it.
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

Vera Charles

Quote from: Chris L on Jun 20, 2017, 02:33 PMThere may be an option we can turn on that will allow images as attachments. Let me look into it.

Thanks, @Chris L - no rush, it's not that important. You must have more than enough on your plate without having to look into that at the moment. 😉

Chris L

Quote from: Vera Charles on Jun 20, 2017, 02:37 PM
Quote from: Chris L on Jun 20, 2017, 02:33 PMThere may be an option we can turn on that will allow images as attachments. Let me look into it.

Thanks, @Chris L - no rush, it's not that important. You must have more than enough on your plate without having to look into that at the moment. 😉

Well, I'm trying to earn a living on the side, but nothing important. ;) Seriously, we'll probably get around to turning that on, but not necessarily right away.
But us, old friend,

Chris L

@Vera Charles - Okay, Amy (our real tech support person ;) ) pointed out to me that, when you're in the full editor (which you can reach from the Quick Edit box by clicking on Preview), there's an "Attachments and other options" dropdown in the lower lefthand corner. Put your cursor where you want the image, open the Attachments dropdown, and either drag an image into the "Attach:" box or click on Add Files to load it from your disk. Be warned that the image will appear twice, once at the point where you had the cursor and again at the bottom of the message. There doesn't seem to be a way around this. File size is limited to half a megabyte (500 kilobytes). If it looks different on your device, let me know.
But us, old friend,

Vera Charles

That all worked perfectly, thank you.

AmyG

Sorry @Vera Charles. I had to delete all the attachments. If you want to upload them again. I promise not to delete them. The site had a bit of a glitch. It's a learning process for me.

Vera Charles

Quote from: AmyG on Jun 20, 2017, 08:07 PMSorry @Vera Charles. I had to delete all the attachments. If you want to upload them again. I promise not to delete them. The site had a bit of a glitch. It's a learning process for me.
That's alright, @AmyG - they were all just test images, really. Thank you so much for all you are doing. 😀