25 April 2023 Taxes are fun! part two

Started by KathyB, Apr 25, 2023, 01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

Last week I got a lovely letter from the Internal Revenue Service saying that I needed to fill out another form to prove something that I didn't understand. (Something that had to do with foreign tax credits, of which my understanding is very, very limited.) Today I saw my accountant, and he filled out the form, which printed out with a note along the top saying "This form does not need to be filed," but I'm not going to mess around with the IRS when it says it needs something. We tried to fax it in to the IRS at the number they gave me, and had zero luck getting through, so I got to go to the post office and spend $10 to make sure it was trackable. That is $10 that I would much rather spend on Chinese food. :( So now I get to wait four to six weeks, and I might see my refund after that, unless someone determines I need to fill out another arcane form.  :P

scenicdesign71

Chinese food has a more satisfying flavor than trackability, that's for sure.  More bang for your (ten) buck(s).

I hope you get your refund sooner than later!!  Maybe it's encouraging, kinda?, that you received the IRS letter relatively soon after tax day -- as opposed to them taking many weeks/months to even ask for this form, and then having to send it and wait however much longer.  I was actually surprised by how punctually my refund came, so maybe they're having an efficient year or something.  (Is there even such a thing?).  Fingers crossed for yours to go through quickly and hassle-free this time.