27-FEB-24 Repair Tuesday

Started by DiveMilw, Feb 27, 2024, 05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

My central air and my garbage disposal were not working.  I managed to fix the garbage disposal last night (after I sent in an online maintenance request for it).  There is a reset button on the bottom of garbage disposals.  I pushed it in and it still didn't work; that is why I created the maintenance request.  A bit later I was rinsing out the sink and thought I would try again and it worked!

The a/c got fixed today.  They replaced the thermostat.  I used to have a google Nest thermostat.  Now it is a cheap non-programable thermostat.  I will stop by the office tomorrow and see if they can change it back to what I had when I moved into the apartment.  The thermostat was a selling feature of the apartment and I want it back.  In the meantime I was grateful to have cool air this afternoon.  (I got done with work early today.)  
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

Thank goodness for air conditioning. In February. It snowed about an inch here. Tomorrow it should get up to mid-50s or so. I am very happy that it is not in the 80s and 90s. In February.  :P