10 March 2024 short weekend

Started by KathyB, Mar 10, 2024, 10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

This is the day I dislike most of all days of the year. It seems to take me forever to get used to the hour ahead. My big plans for the day include laundry (already started) and grocery shopping. (Sorry to make everyone jealous.) Also, going on a semi-long walk, as it should be in the mid-60s this afternoon.

Last night I went to a great hockey game. It was the last week of the season before conference playoffs start next weekend.

DiveMilw

I also dislike "spring forward" day.  I wish we would stay in "fall back" mode.  I do not need an extra hour of sunlight.  In fact, I like it when it gets dark sooner because I don't need to use the air conditioner as much.  Now that I'm in Texas I wouldn't get much savings either way much past late April/early May.  The thing I really dislike is that we finally got to the end of "driving to work with the sun in our eyes" and now the clock is reset and we have to do it all over again.   >:(

I got an early start on laundry as well.  I have one load to take out of the dryer and another ready to go in.  Assuming I fold and put everything away, I will be done for the week hours early!!  (Past performance indicates I probably won't get to the fold and put away part.   :D )

I was on my way to visit a no kill animal shelter when I decided I needed to eat first.  I dropped chili covered hashbrowns onto my shirt so many times I had to come home and change t-shirts.  My visit will have to wait until next weekend.  I am not thinking of adopting.  They have a foster program, many of which are short term, 1-2 weeks while the animal is waiting for a medical procedure.  I'm sure they hope you will fall in love and adopt.  But I think, once I get my apartment "cat ready", fostering would be a good fit with how much I travel.  
I no longer long for the old view!