19 September 2024 sushi Thursday

Started by KathyB, Sep 19, 2024, 06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

I had a delicious sushi happy hour/dinner (taking a friend out for a belated birthday), and Bernadette ate a pair of my shorts.  :dog:  She's moving up in the world from underwear. I think the shorts may be mendable, which will be another fun thing to try with my shoulder. I haven't tried sewing anything yet, but this week I put together some LEGO for the first time since The Incident, and it was a therapeutic challenge for my arm and especially my fingers. I feel I should be able to deduct the cost of the LEGO as a medical expense--hand and digit therapy!

I took a Lyft to get to the sushi restaurant and got a driver who was very creative in trying to avoid possible traffic. The map of my route shows quite a bit of zigzagging in the middle of the trip. I don't know how much traffic there actually was, because I couldn't see too well from the back seat. It was annoying, although it added only about five minutes to the trip time.

Tomorrow I am considering driving the one-and-one-half miles to Costco to see if I can do it. I have a couple of prescriptions that need to be picked up. 

That's all the news from this neck of the woods.