5-Nov-17 Harry Potter Film Concerts

Started by DiveMilw, Nov 05, 2017, 07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

Yesterday I volunteer ushered for the Hartford Symphony's "Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone" concert.  
This is where a symphony orchestra plays the music while the film is shown.  It was delightful!  Seeing all 
the children, many in costume, and the adults, a few in costume and many more in HP clothing, was
wonderful.  And I LOVE the music so this was a treat.  The audience cheered as each character appeared
on the screen.  It was almost like a rock concert.  And they gave the HSO a hearty round of applause at 
intermission.  Most of the crowd stuck around for the end credits and accompanying music.  
They are doing the second film in April and I will be sure to usher that one as well.
I no longer long for the old view!

Chris L

Sounds like fun, Tom! We were pretty much chased through the United Kingdom by Harry Potter, with one location after another being pointed out -- by tour guides, by guidebooks -- as the place where such-and-such scene from the Harry Potter movies was filmed. We even saw Hogwarts (i.e., Christ Church College at Oxford). I even took photos of the Hogwarts dining hall, i.e., the Great Hall at Christ Church College, which really is a dining hall. (You could even smell the remains of lunch when we went through it.) I should get around to posting one of those photos on Facebook (or here).
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?