15-MAR-18 Wait! Wait!

Started by DiveMilw, Mar 15, 2018, 08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

Tonight the NPR show "Wait! Wait! Don't Tell Me" taped here.  I was one of lucky people randomly picked to volunteer usher the show.  Unluckily for me, the show was basically sold out and there was nowhere for me to sit or even stand in the theater.  Instead I hung out in the lobby and watched the show on the monitor and listened on the speakers.  That was a weird experience because the monitor had a few second delay while the speakers did not.  I didn't miss much because, since it's a radio show, not much happens onstage.  I will listen this weekend when the episode airs because although the show is only 60 mins long the taping lasted about two hours.  I wonder how much I'll notice got cut.  
I no longer long for the old view!

Chris L

At first I thought you were telling Thursday to "Wait! Wait!" so that you could get your Daily posted in time. ;)

(And thanks again to you and @KathyB for being so diligent about posting Daily Threads. You're doing a lot to keep this site alive.)

I listened to Wait! Wait! Don't Tell Me! regularly for years, but I've fallen way behind. I remember listening to episodes in 2005 on my small MP3 player while taking long walks at night. I'd be out of breath by the end of the walk and laughing hurt, but Wait! Wait! would have me in hysterics that were literally painful. I'd find myself gasping for air so hard that I had to stop walking until I could breathe again.
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?