01-Feb-19 Haircut Day

Started by DiveMilw, Feb 01, 2019, 10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

I needed a haircut and was going to make an appt for next week. On a whim I checked availability (online) for today expecting for the schedule to be full. There we're two spots available so I quickly grabbed one. Now I'm waiting to be called to the chair. Just a few minutes until a new me! 😀
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

Congratulations on getting in for a haircut! I have been procrastinating about making a haircut appointment for what seems like forever. Maybe your haircut will inspire me to actually make an appointment.

Gordonb

I was in Çaliş on Wednesday taking bed linen to be laundered. I spotted a 'berber' shop with nobody waiting so decided to go for a long overdue haircut. 

It was a most enjoyable hour or so; a very sharp cut and a lovely Sweeney style hot towel shave. As well as the razor the barber used a sort of lighter to burn off the 'bum fluff' from the earlobes and in the ear and a tiny razor to trim the nostrils hair. Lots of hot towel wraps and an eyebrow trim/tidy up. Whilst wrapped in the hot scented towels he gave me a shoulder massage and then arms and fingers! Once shaved to within an inch of my life he gave me a facial! All this came to Turkish Lire 50 which is just about $9.50!

I'm looking forward to my hair getting long and messy again. It seems quite common for Turkish men to go to the barbers every few days for a shave and the pampering add ons. 

DiveMilw

I must vacation in Turkey very soon so I can get a haircut and pampering.....or two!  That sounds like a lovely and wonderfully unexpected way to spend an hour of your day.  

Kathy - Did you make an appointment yet?
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

Quote from: DiveMilw on Feb 02, 2019, 01:24 PMKathy - Did you make an appointment yet?
Appointment for Tuesday at 9:30 a.m.