25-FEB-19 A Very Blustery Day!

Started by DiveMilw, Feb 25, 2019, 10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

As I mentioned yesterday, we are having a very windy day today.  There is the possibility of wind gusts up to 50 mph. This morning we had some snow showers which were fun because at the end the sun came out.  Snow falling through sunlight is very pretty. 

Since it is a good day to have the oven on I will be making another Hotdish. This week's will feature pork and a curry sauce.  I have regular tater tots and sweet potato tots to top it.  I only have to decide if I'm going to add some mayo to the sauce to make it creamy.  I have a curried chicken and broccoli recipe that uses one can of cream soup and one small jar of mayo to make the sauce.  Since it is the last thing I'll add I will be able to take a look at/taste the sauce and decide just before I put it in the baking dish. 

I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

It's sunny with no wind here. It was warm enough for me to have the window open a crack. More of the same for the rest of the week.

DiveMilw

While I was driving around dodging falling branches (very small branches, not much more than twigs) a weather report said the gusts could be up to 65 MPH!  I saw a tree down completely blocking Mountain Rd and near my house a large pine branch was sticking into the street.  When I got home I was a good Samaritan and walked a block over and moved it into the lawn of the house.  No one lives there at the moment so it would have been a danger on a busy street for hours. 

DiveMilw

The recycling bin is a casualty of the wind.  It blew over and some of the newspaper that I put in to help weight it down are blowing around the back yard.  Fortunately only a few pages escaped....and an empty plastic gallon milk container.  I caught the container and am letting the paper enjoy its freedom.