April 9, 2019 -- Behold the Limitless Sky

Started by Chris L, Apr 09, 2019, 02:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris L

A funny thing happened on the way to the Facebook FTC Forum Monday (or, rather, after I got there). We started talking about the original FTC. The occasion was sad in that an old friend of ours was leaving that forum because she felt the atmosphere was toxic, but I've encouraged people to come here and several already have.

I'm going to be posting here more than I have recently and I hope the rest of you do too (except for Kathy and Tom, whose typing fingers would fall off if they posted more).

And I hope both the new members and returning old members are eager and ready to participate (though feel free to lurk for a while if you're shy). We're friendly, welcoming and we won't talk down to you. We have sections for discussing just about anything you want -- including these Daily Threads, where we don't care if you talk about the ephemera of your life in a way that would make Twitter blush. We're friends here, many of us in real life as well as virtual. If you're new, you may be surprised when you find yourself joining groups of Sondheads at real-life get togethers for shows around the U.S. and the world. I look forward to meeting some of you in person.
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

Jenniferlillian

It's worth a try, Chris. I had a rough week. I may actually mosey to the cold stone bench honestly. (For the newbies, there are happy and sad benches for joys and sadnesses over in misc). 

I will say that I'm taking my kids to their first tball practice tonight and so have a head full of Bull Durham quotes right now. 

Jenniferlillian

Oh hey Chris, my clock is way off. Do you know how I fix it? It's 7:26 am whereI am but it says I'm posting at 11:26. 

Chris L

@Jenniferlillian -- Go to the dropdown on your name in the upper lefthand corner of the main screen. Choose Look and Layout. There's a field for setting the timezone. It's probably defaulting to PDT.
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

DiveMilw

Today was one of my days off work this week.  I spent the day driving my mother to and from a couple of places, re-binge watching most of Stranger Things 2 (I started last night), and breaking the bathroom fan when I tried to take off the cover so I could clean behind it.  It has slidey things which open when you turn it on so the air can flow through.  I did something and now they don't slide.  I have an added thing to do tomorrow.....fix the bathroom fan!  :D
I no longer long for the old view!